- 2 cups Oats (the quick kind, not the old fashioned)
- 2 cups Rice cereal (like the kind to make rice crispy's)
- 1/2 cup peanuts (or any other kind of nuts)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet, milk, butter scotch, white, any will do) You can also use M&M's
- 1/2 cup dried fruit
- 1 cup shredded, sweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Anything else you can come up with
All but the top two are optional. It's your choice! Mix all of your choice of ingredients together (holding back the chocolate chips, raisins and dried fruit till after cooking). Once mixed well, pour it out onto a cookie sheet. You may need two, just make sure it is no thicker than 1/2 inch.
Place the granola in an oven heated to 250 degrees. Toast it for 15 minutes, stir, toast again for 15 minutes, stir, toast, stir... Well, you get the point. Do this pattern till you have toasted the mix for 45 minutes to an hour. 45 minutes usually does it for me. Allow to completely cool before mixing in the dried fruit, chocolate, and/or raisins. Store in a sealed container. I keep mine in an old oats container.