Friday, July 2, 2010

Feeling Bloggy Update

I'm just feeling "bloggy" right now so I figured I'd give you an update on how life in the Lance house is going...

  • "L" is napping right now, on my chest. This is where she usually sleeps. Most mother's I know use nap time as a chance to get things done. But "L" usually does fine when I am washing dishes, folding laundry or whatever so I use her nap times as my chance to relax as well. I will read, watch TV, get on here, knit, what ever I feel like doing. It is kinda nice to have peace and quiet for a little while. And who doesn't love holding a sleeping baby?
  • Our "garden" is looking amazing! We have about 2 dozen baby cherry tomatoes coming on. Half a dozen or so Roma and flowers all over the big tomatoes. There are three tiny cucumbers started. I mean tiny! Like 1/2 inch long little things. There are 3 yellow squash coming on. Once again, little! About 1 1/2 inches long. No zucchini yet but lots of blooms. And we have one peach seed sized bell pepper. It is so funny looking! Like a mini bell pepper. I could just eat it now, all in one bite! But I won't.
  • I have picked 12 leaves off our first ever basil. It smells wonderful! We have little parsley and thyme plants too and I just planted some chives as an after thought to the herb collection.
  • I have been dying yarn with kool-aid like crazy. Making some wonderful new colors. The past two days I've done dark red/purple, a wonderful bright blue and a variegated blue, green and white that is going to make a really cool boys diaper cover for my Etsy shop! I also picked up some new colors today- orange, pink lemonade, and regular lemonade. Looking forward to seeing how they turn now.
  • Don't you love the bullets? Makes my soo non professional information look so much better. :o)
  • I just finished crocheting a new kitchen rug as my other one died on me. Just fell apart in the wash. Oops.
  • I also just finished a watermelon kids rug that I am going to put in my shop. It is super cute and looks like a slice of pink watermelon. I just have to put some "seeds" on it.
  • I am all packed and ready for this weekend. We are heading home for the 4th. Planning to see the fireworks at the local park, have a cook out and go swimming and just spend some time with the families. It should be nice!
  • I made a test run of cinnamon roll bread yesterday and it turned out great! I will be posting the recipe later and I am planning on taking a couple loaves to the LLL meeting Tuesday as I am in charge of refreshments.
  • "L" has three teeth now and this last one did not come in as easily as the first two did. We have been using all natural teething tablets and eating ice popsicles but she is still grouchy which is making me grouchy. We have not been good company this week. It seems to be getting better now though. It is making nursing a little more interesting as she is still learning how do do it with this new thing in her mouth.
  • I have started a new book that I am looking forward to reviewing for you later. It is a book on marriage and how to be the best wife you can be. I am already seeing a change in Zach and I's relationship and in my general disposition. I am excited to see what the rest of the book has in store for us!

Ok, I suppose that is enough randomness for now. I hope you all have a lovely holiday weekend! I will be standing proud for my country's anthem! I may not always agree with where our government is going but it was built on the backs of some strong Christian men and I have to hope that it will stay standing on those founding father's ideals! God bless the men and women who serve our country and those that have fought and died for it! Have a blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment