Friday, June 25, 2010

Frugal TIp Friday: Grill Extra Meat

If you are planning to grill out one day (we did this on Sunday for Father's Day), plan to grill extra meat. Don't just heat up the grill to fix a couple burgers, make your meats for the next few days worth of meals as well. This past Sunday we fixed:
  • 3 chicken breasts
  • a whole package of hot dogs
  • 4 turkey burgers
  • 2 steaks (this was Zach's Father's Day "gift." I got him grass fed top sirloin steak from the farmer's market)

We also grilled some peppers and onions to go with it. We had meat for Sunday dinner, Monday lunch and dinner and some more leftovers for throughout the week. I will freeze the extra hot dogs for Zach as a quick meal for him in the future.

This is frugal in that you are getting the most use out of your hot grill/charcoal. Not just using them for one meal but for many. Any who doesn't love the taste of grilled food?

You can also sneak out after dinner with some marshmallows. :o)

1 comment:

  1. I like this idea, I usually like fresh grilled meat. But, when it comes to soup ingredients, I never thought that a small portion of grilled meat already prepared would work- now it does because of your tip. I think I am going to try to grill something extra and freeze it or use it shortly for a soup... or stew.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete