Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Quick Tip Tuesday: Making french toast

I have been making french toast for years. We love the stuff around here! For years now, I have had one major problem with it though. When ever I mix together the egg, milk, vanilla and cinnamon, the cinnamon "runs" to the outside of the bowl and then doesn't get onto the bread. The other day I stumbled onto a solution for this.
Crack your egg into the bowl then mix in the cinnamon before adding anything else. After that is well whisked together, then add in the vanilla and milk.
The gooeyness (it's a word! in my dictionary at least) of the egg coats the cinnamon and allows to to not clump up so bad. Thus helping it to evenly spread though out the mixture. This gives each slice of bread a good coating of egg and cinnamon. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment