Saturday, April 17, 2010

Lovely Lemonade


Who doesn't love a cool glass of lemonade on a warm day? It is sweet, refreshing and ohh so yummy! So I thought I'd share my favorite (and easy) recipe.

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups lemon juice (fresh squeezed or from a bottle, 100% juice of course)
1 1/4 cups sugar or honey
1 gallon cold water
Lemon slices (seeded) for garnish, optional (though it does make a pretty garnish when you have company)

Directions:
Pour the first two ingredients into a 1 gallon pitcher and stir till the sugar/honey is mostly dissolved. Add in the cold water till full. Either place the lemon slices floating on top in the pitcher or on the rim of each glass. Serve over ice or straight up.

2 comments:

  1. I so enjoy lemonade. Right now, Northern MI is earnestly hanging on to winter- snow may be coming again! This does happen, even in June. But thinking of lemonade assures me that Summer will arrive. RIght now I am asking someone in the family to put more wood on the fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck! We are in central Indiana so it's not that bad here. We got down to freezing last night but we have also broken some record highs this month as well.

    ReplyDelete