Monster cookies! Called that because they are BIG cookies if you follow the recipe. You can make them smaller, but why would you want to? These have become a favorite around here as they are quick and easy to make and are super yummy!
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups baking mix (store bought or home made)
- 1 cup oats (old-fashioned or quick cook)
- 1 cup M&M's, chocolate chips, butter scotch chips, peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips or what ever you have on hands
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375'F. In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, shortening and eggs till smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- On an ungreased cookie sheet, drop by 1/4 cupfuls about 2 inches apart. Flatten to about 1/2-inch thickness with the bottom of a glass that has been lightly sprayed with oil.
- Bake 12 to 16 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for about 3 minutes before trying to remove from the cookie sheet.
Makes about 1 1/2 dozen cookies.