Monday, April 19, 2010

This weeks meal plan

This is something I've been meaning to get back into the habit of doing. I used to make weekly meal plans faithfully, but around the Super Bowl, Zach's schedule gets so messed up that I finally just gave up. Never knowing when he was going to be awake, at work, hungry or asleep made it very difficult to plan anything. So, I am getting back into the habit, I hope!

Zach is home for lunch Monday-Wednesday but then Thursday and Friday he works 3rd shift and isn't up in time to share any meals with me (he is eating his breakfast while I am eating my lunch) so those days I will just post what I am having for dinner. He also isn't here for dinner on Wednesday. On days that he works I usually just have leftovers for lunch.

Sunday dinner: black bean and rice casserole- this was a new recipe and, although I needed to add some more seasonings, we were quite pleased with it. I want to make it once more before posting the recipe so I can actually measure the extra seasonings I put in as I just kinda eye balled it last night. :o) We also had ice cream cookies using a new cookie recipe that I will also post in the coming future.

Monday lunch: green bean/sausage/potato stuff, buttered bread, tea and lemonade
Monday dinner: Chili sausage bake- new recipe, if it turns out good, I will post it!
(Just realized we are having sausage twice in one day. Will have to watch out more closely for that in the future!)

Tuesday Lunch: baked potatoes, light salad
Tuesday dinner: Lemon chicken, garlic and onion potatoes, and sweet peas

Wednesday lunch: toasted tuna salad sandwiches, deviled eggs, fruit
Wednesday dinner: Leftovers

Thursday: baked potato and soup

Friday: leftovers

Saturday: we will be gone all day on a local farm tour! Yeah! We are so excited about this! It should prove to be lots of fun and packed with information! For dinner I will probably plan a crock pot meal that can be left at home all day to cook while we are gone.

I usually do my meal planning on Friday morning and my grocery shopping Friday afternoon or Saturday with the hubby.

I would really like to get back in the habit of this! It saves us money, saves me time and keeps us from hitting fast food places for the convenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment