Monday, May 10, 2010

Book Review: The Duggars: 20 and counting!

I just got done reading this book and I must say, I loved it! I have always been a big fan of the show and watched it faithfully each week till we got rid of cable TV. I miss the show! I think it is the only thing I miss about having cable. It was one of the few remaining good, clean shows to be found there.

Ok, so back to the book. I borrowed it from the library but now that I've read it, I know it is one that I would love to own. It tells the history of the family, how they got started with just Michelle and Jim Bob and how that family progressed into the large Christian family they are today.

I look up to them for a lot of reasons. They are faithfully following God's decree to them to allow Him to choose the number of children they have. They are raising those children in the way they see fit, not allowing the worlds views to effect what they know to be right for their family. They are home schooling ALL those kids. I have no idea how she does it! :o) And they are doing it all debt free!

I learned alot in reading this book. It was very informative and well written. There are lots of great recipes and teaching techniques and there are many resources in the back of the book that I intend to look into.

All in all, I would say it was a great read and would recommend it to any one interested in large families, raising God fearing children, frugality, household management, or just anyone looking for a clean, wholesome read.

Other books I have been reading recently include:

Miserly Moms (loved this book! Lots of great ideas on how to live on one income in a two income world.)

Wise woman herbal for the child bearing years (a great resource for safe, natural remedies before and during pregnancy, for birth support and while breastfeeding)

The Doll in the Garden (a childhood favorite of my sister and I's that I just happened to rediscover again.

No comments:

Post a Comment