- 3 cups fresh asparagus, trimmed (this is about one good sized bundle at the grocery store)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened/room temperature
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Put all the asparagus (reserving a few tips for garnish) into a greased 8x8 casserole dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, milk and butter then pour over the asparagus.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and then the bread crumbs. Dress with asparagus tips.
- Brown at 425'F for 20 minutes till asparagus is tender but not mushy.
Makes approximately 4-5 servings.